Saturday, January 30, 2010

Analyze That

Up early this morning and drove into Salisbury to meet Lee and pick up the tickets for the Army v Navy rugby game at Twickenham tomorrow. We met over a couple of coffees at Cafe Nero in the centre of the city. After some shopping at Waitrose and to get a cheap rugby shirt at the next door sports store, I dropped off Rod's tickets at his house avoiding the destruction of them by his dog by leaving them propped up against his front door. He subsequently rang to say that that had been a sensible thing to do as the dog would have chewed them and he wouldn't then have been going to Twickenham! I met up with Sara, Richard and Linda in the Lord Nelson's Arms where Sara served us with baguettes and a new beer. This afternoon I set about researching my lecture on Ezra and Nehemiah for next Tuesday's masonic meeting in Brighton. I actually started to write it this evening and found the task quite enjoyable - using my study bible, its concordance, commentaries and Google to fit a rather complicated history of Israel together in its chronological sequence. Sara and I watched Analyze That with Robert De Niro - an amusing film in which a Mafia Boss (De Niro) convinces his psychiatrist (Billy Crystal) to let him out of prison and live with him and his family with hilarious consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment