Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting my skates on (again!)

I didn't wake up until 8.15 am and so missed going to St. John's for the Early Morning Eucharist as originally planned. Tom's football match at Larkhill against Durrington U13 FC was postponed due to hard frosty conditions on the pitch - indeed it was freezing cold this morning. Another lazy morning ensued and Sara and Tom went off into town to do some shopping including getting Tom a new mobile phone with a touchpad - the one I had given him simply wasn't "cool". This will be his birthday present. I bought his iPod Touch off him with its Internet links and astronomical information and maps. Everything except a phone. As I write this, it is being charged up using my laptop. I took Mary to Basingstoke to the Planet Ice rink for some ice-skating. Although I felt a little unsecure at first for some reason (all that talk yesterday at St. Mary's of being a "wrinkly" I suppose) I joined her on the ice and spent well over an hour skating round and round. As usual I felt really confident towards the end and was skating reasonably quickly, although my legs were definitely aching at the end. Indeed I was so confident that it was not until I was actually moving to get off the ice and return my hired skates that I slid down the wall of the rink and found myself kissing the ice! This to Mary's great amusement! We went for a KFC afterwards (I hadn't cooked any lunch) and I filled up my car for the last time with company petrol - my employment ends at midnight tonight. This evening Sara watch - yes you guessed it - "Desperate Housewives", whilst her desperate husband wrote up his blogs (including those missed earlier in the week).

No comments:

Post a Comment