Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Last trip to London office

A very early start this morning as I got up at 6.00 a.m. to make sure that I got the 7.27 a.m. train to London from Grateley. I had a meeting in our London office at 10 a.m. and I wanted to ensure I got there in good time. As I drove to Grateley Station the snow started coming down quite heavily but, fortunately, it was not settling on the road although it was settling on the car. I managed to park the car easily and stood on the platform under the footbridge keeping out of the snow. Klynn joined me and we travelled up to London on the train together - Klynn treated me to a coffee to celebrate my last commute for the company on the train! I had another coffee and a sausage muffin breakfast at EAT close to our office in the City before going on to my meeting near the Guildhall. The meeting kept to time and I was back on the train to Grateley where Tim C joined me and we chatted our way back to Hampshire. This afternoon I worked in our Salisbury office and also finalised my plans for my two Salisbury retirement dos - one at The Boathouse and one at The Jade. Tonight Saints played the first leg of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area Final against MK Dons at Milton Keynes. The Saints won 1-0 and now go into the 2nd Leg at St. Mary's in a winning position. Looks like we'll be going to Wembley if we can just hang on at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment