Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Normal?

Hurrah - back on line and feeling better too. Sorry guys and gals for not having written anything for so long but not only have we suffered Internet problems of late - both Sara's and Tom's laptops are not functioning properly either and my laptop has been press-ganged into service for them - I have been extremely unwell with a chest infection which has left me feeling extremely tired and miserable over the last week or so - a constant hacking cough has not helped. To add to that, the weather has been appalling ever since we returned from the Canaries and we were snowed in for several days too - all with no Internet connection. Things have not stood still though. Since my last post it has been confirmed that I will be leaving my Company at the end of this month and taking early retirement. Only two weeks to go as I write this! So much to do - buy my company car, decide upon pension options, finish off a multitude of tasks at work, arrange a couple of farewell functions at Dorking and Salisbury, attend a couple of court hearings and important business meetings and so on and so forth. Everybody says that retirement will come quickly and the days of retirement pass quicker than ever. What am I going to do? - well, Sara has a number of tasks for me - including a complete sort out of the study, garage and shed - her idea of a "sort out" is to take all my worldly possessions and shove them in a skip! Klynn seems to agree with this! I will develop my employment law consultancy company, Complex Services Limited - see my sister blogspot site called Complex Services Limited which will be found at: http://complexservices.blogspot.com - become more active in the church and within the charity Stop the Traffik - but above all join the local golf club and get a decent handicap. This week has seen a sad occasion with the funeral of a dear friend, Beryl Dare, in Reading. I attended her funeral in Reading on Friday and met a lot of old friends. Quite worrying when you cannot recognise a group of old men as your former colleagues. How we all change. Today I delivered the intercessions in church at the Parish Eucharist where Doreen, our newly licensed Lay Minister, gave a lovely sermon on the Miracle at Cana. Sara has written a short play about this biblical story to be performed next week by the Junior Church. Hopefully I am now back on course to continue this blog on a daily basis. Thank you all for your continued interest. 2010 will be a much more interesting year I feel and my days will be much more than the previous "got up, showered, had breakfast, went to work, had a challenging day, came back from work exhausted, fell asleep.... etc." Richard and I plan to set up a "Last of the Summer Wine" scenario but currently we are arguing over who is more like "Compo". However, is there any doubt about Nora Batty? One word - skips!

1 comment:

  1. Richard has to be Compo, your more like Foggy...full of nonsense...in a nice way ;-) and if feel Sara is type cast as Nora Batty, best keep Richard away from her wrinkled stockings ;-)

    ReplyDelete