Thursday, January 28, 2010

More of the Holy Spirit

Penultimate drive to the Dorking office today. Once more the commuting wasn't good - but it wasn't so bad either - especially as I know I only have to do it one more time tomorrow! Indeed, in a perverse sort of way I like the idea of the commute being poor this week - I'll enjoy the lack of the troublesome journey even more next week when I don't have to do it and can remember more fondly what I am missing. A massive blitz today on all my laptop files - placing important ones onto our mainframe hard drive from my laptop's hard drive and deleting all those which are now redundant - like me! Tonight I had a drinks do in the Sports and Social Club. So many close people have already gone now that the bar bill was staggeringly small - which means more for the Salisbury dos - one at The Boathouse and one at the Jade. I stayed in the bar from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. Anthony was the first to come over with me and had his usual whisky and ginger ale. It was nice to share a drink with those who did attend and who signed my autograph book. Tomorrow may be a little more emotional when I finally say goodbye to some good friends like Ann, Lynda and Sylvia. I managed to get back home for 8.45 p.m. to join the House Group when we discuss the Holy Spirit and Symbolism - sounds like a Dan Brown novel! We discussed the various symbols used for the Holy Spirit including, fire, wind, and the dove. An enjoyable ending to the day with my friends in Winterslow with whom I will soon be spending much more time

No comments:

Post a Comment