Saturday, February 01, 2014

Another great win for Saints but a defeat for England's rugby team

Being Saturday I had a bit of a lie-in this morning and then spent an hour or so in the study.  Thom did his paper round and Mary was having Her gymnastics friend, Maya, staying over tonight.  Sara and I did something unusual together today - we went shopping together - actually only to Lidl and Tesco to buy groceries and a present for her great nephew, Kenny's sixth birthday.  I also went into Maplins to see if I could get a lead to allow me to view iPlayer clips on the TV but found the cost the same as in the Apple Store and was also told that only certain apps. could be shown on the TV - iPlayer not being one of those.  This afternoon, Thom and I followed the Saints' game against Fulham on the TV - with Southampton winning 0-3.  A great win which keeps them in 9th place, only two points behind Newcastle and sending Fulham to the bottom of the table.  Grimsby also managed a significant 4-1 win against Tamworth in the FA Trophy winning themselves a semi-final spot.  It looks as though Thom and I may be going to Wembley again with the Mariners!  Thom and I also watched the France v England Six Nations rugby game which England lost, at the very last minute 26-28. It seemed so certain that England were going to win their first match on foreign soil in this years competition.  Sadly it wasn't to be!  A quiet night at home followed this evening with catching up on some of our recorded TV programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment