Monday, February 01, 2010

First Day as a Pensioner

My first full day as a pensioner! Sara brought me a cup of tea in bed this morning at 8.30 and I had a lovely bath. After breakfast of porridge we went into Salisbury to attend to some errands - library, banking, haircut (or in my case head polish - they actually only charge me for a child's cut), handing in my security and fuel cards to the local office. We had lunch by St. Thomas's Church and it seemed very strange not to have to rush off back to the office to work. I still have the habit of looking at my watch and then wondering why I'm bothering to do so! After that we went to Five Rivers Leisure Centre to get ourselves weighed and downgrade our membership to 50+ Premium from Corporate Membership. In the afternoon I went up to St. Mary's Stadium to get our tickets for the Saints v. Pompey Round 5 FA Cup tie on the 13th February. After this I drove over to Hove where I stayed at Peter's, Neil making me a lasagne for supper. Roger and I then walked to Benfield School for our masonic rehearsal. It was good to see old friends again especially as we had such a good turnout. The meeting went well and we had quite a few laughs. Afterwards we went to the Stanley Arms where good real ale is served - at a much cheaper cost than in Winterslow too! Peter joined us later as he had been up to a senior masonic meeting in London. Back at his house we chatted over tea and coffee until gone 1 a.m. Lovely to think that I haven't got to get up early in the morning to go to Dorking. However, it will still take quite a bit of getting used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment