Monday, November 09, 2009

Back to work

Had a deep sleep last night - jet lag has now caught up on me. Worked at home today in the warmth of my study although had a frustrating start to the day as I had forgotten my laptop's password - nice to think that my last two weeks in the Bahamas made me not only forget work but also the little things, like passwords, connected with it. Most of my work today was involved in reading all the emails and attachments which had amassed during my vacation. My staff had handled things well and I was able to deal with many issues quite quickly. I got tickets for Tom, me and a friend of his to go to the Saints' game against Charlton in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Wednesday night. I also bought tickets for their away game against Walsall on the 5th December. I shall be working in Salisbury over the next two days which is a blessing. My sciatica eased in the night although it was very painful yesterday evening and I had resorted to using a walking stick last night on the pub quiz visit. Feeling tired but refreshed all at once. Sara visited the doctor today and she has a "crackle" on her lungs and is being sent to the hospital for a chest x-ray. She continues to cough nearly every minute or so and last night took herself off downstairs and watched TV whilst I slept. The BA cabin crew were very concerned about her as we crossed the Atlantic last night from Nassau. She has also been given anti-biotic pills which are enormous but hopefully might help but at present her condition doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment