Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Business trip to London

Up to London today but caught the 10.57 train from Grateley which meant I could work from home first thing this morning and so didn't need to get up quite so early as the previous two mornings. Weather incredibly windy so was unable to fly the Union Flag to mark the State Opening of Parliament this afternoon. My train made good time to London and after stopping off to buy a crayfish and rocket sandwich in Gresham Street, arrived at our London office some fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. From 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. I was engaged in an intense meeting with our external lawyers preparing for a mediation in London next Tuesday. I finished the day by having a meeting with my director before catching the 6.20 p.m. train back to Grateley. I missed Klynn's text messages arriving at Grateley to discover he was in the next carriage to me, also returning home from a long day in London. Called in to see Richard once back in Winterslow for a loan of his laptop projector for use at my talk to Salisbury Probus on Friday. Once back home I spent the evening finalising that presentation and importing more pictures of ocean liners on to my PowerPoint slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment