Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet and Sour Day

I awoke earlier than expected as I had set my phone alarm for 6.00 a.m. not realising that, because we had been away in the Bahamas, I had not put the clock back one hour. Consequently I was awakened at 5 a.m. I needed to be in the office at 8.00 a.m. this morning but didn't actually arrive until 8.30 a.m. due to heavy traffic in Salisbury. Sara B and I presented a TUPE workshop to HR colleagues which seemed to go well judging by the feedback. Unfortunately the day was marred by the revelation that an extremely loyal and long serving employee of the Company was being made redundant. The decision was very surprising. Tonight my low mood resulting from this was raised when I took Tom and his school friend James to St. Mary's Stadium for the Quarter Final tie of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Charlton where Southampton secured their place in the Southern Regional Semi-Final by a 2-1 win over the London club. They played brilliantly and seem to be on a real role. I am confident that they will reach the Play-Offs come April. Tomorrow it's Dorking with a tricky meeting to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment