Monday, November 23, 2009

Tom's Report

Another incredibly wet and miserable day today. Having dropped Tom off at the bus stop for his school bus I drove in to Salisbury where I was working today. Unfortunately there were no parking spaces in the office car park and I had to park in the College Street public park. This meant a walk in the heavy rain down to the office. Another busy day but I did manage to have a short pleasant coffee break with Nikki E and catch up on news and gossip - usually we only snatch a crumb of conversation outside St. Mary's on a Saturday afternoon. I had back to back meetings in the afternoon and finally left the office at around 6.30 p.m. Sara went, this evening, to Tom's school for an Autumn term report. The report was mixed but the message was that he has great ability, is bright, but must hand his homework in on time and spend a little longer in putting together better efforts at home. His homework is letting him down. Sara and I helped him with his alegbra this evening. Not sure if we grasped it! His strongest topics are maths, RE and art. He is clearly a sensitive, spiritual boy but still wants to be one of the lads too! Sara and I must get on top of this and stop him being distracted by more enjoyable pursuits. Tonight I watched the first part of a film depicting the tragedy of Hiroshima. Must get to bed early tonight as I have to be on the 0657 train from Grateley to London. An all-day mediation awaits me in Chancery Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment