Thursday, November 12, 2009

A bad journey

A terrible journey into Dorking today taking just under four hours because of the closure of the M3 close to the junction with the M25 and massive queues around Guildford and up to Ripley on the A3. In fact, I didn't get into the office until 11 a.m. I brought in sweets and presents for the staff from the Bahamas and went into Dorking town centre at lunchtime to do some banking. This afternoon Belinda and I interviewed the first of four candidates as a career break replacement for Karen. This was followed by an interesting and challenging meeting with my boss. Tonight we had seven for the House Group including Nils which was wonderful. We discussed the granting of gifts by the Holy Spirit. Klynn stayed behind for a couple of Canadian Clubs and a chat about family and work. He stayed until after midnight so this blog is being written rather late and is shorter than normal. Tomorrow I'm back in Dorking.

No comments:

Post a Comment