Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mediation in Chancery Lane

An incredibly long and tiring day today. I awoke at 5.00 a.m. and and after a shower and breakfast drove to Grateley to catch the 0657 train to Waterloo. The weather was dark, wet and miserable as I set off. Arriving at the station car park, I had plenty of spaces to choose from at that time of the morning but it took me quite a while to work out which ticket machine was actually working. Klynn, James and Tim joined me on the platform and we travelled up to London together. Once at Waterloo I decided to walk over Waterloo Bridge to the legal district and my mediation meeting in Chancery Lane. The meeting began promptly at 9.00 a.m. and continued throughout the day until we finally gave up at 7.30 p.m. We had one short break during that period at lunchtime when we walked around the block and bought coffees at EAT. Although the mediation didn't produce a settlement between the two parties, each did, at least, reduce its claim and we may return for a continuation of the mediation before Christmas. I caught the 2020 train back to Grateley from Waterloo arriving back home at just before 10 p.m. Tonight I tried to post the blog but the server seemed to be down. Great news from Tom was that Southampton beat Hartlepool tonight 3-1 and are now fourth from bottom only one point from lifting themselves out of the relegation zone. Grimsby, by contrast, lost at home again 0-3!

No comments:

Post a Comment