Friday, November 20, 2009

All at sea

Quite a different Friday from normal. I had taken the morning off to give a presentation to the Salisbury Probus Group on the topic of the ocean liners of the North Atlantic. I finalised the PowerPoint presentation I'd prepared at set off, arriving at the Salisbury City Hall at 9.50 a.m. After a coffee and a chat to a number of members who were not involved with the committee meeting taking place, and discovered that some of the members of the audience I would be addressing were former master mariners who would probably know more about my subject than I did! My audience consisted of retired professional gentlemen who listened very attentively to my talk and asked quite a number of interesting questions afterwards. Following the talk I returned to my car in the main Salisbury car park and strolled over to our office with my laptop. I met up with Kare, my PA, and Nigel and was then taken out to lunch by Fran who works for another insurer who is engaged, like us, on a case against a common fraudster. We had a working lunch at Da Vinci's Italian restaurant. I spent the afternoon going through the numerous emails which had collected in my in-box whilst in London and Bristol during the last two days. I arrived back home at around 5.30 p.m. to find our friend Peter M installing mirrored doors to our built-in wardrobe in the family room. He completed this task by around 7 p.m. and I took him to the Lion's Head where we were joined by Klynn, Chris and Richard. We stayed there until well past midnight and Peter and I chatted for another hour or so before finally going to bed in the wee small hours. It has been a rather interesting day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment