Monday, November 16, 2009

Meetings and more meetings

I woke at 6 a.m. to a very dark cold, damp morning. I really did not want to get out of bed today knowing what a very full day I had ahead of me. The traffic was reported as appalling this morning and I came off the M3 before Basingstoke and drove the back roads to Alton to join the A31 up to Guildford. I eventually arrived in the office at 9.45 a.m. - another 2 hour journey across southern England! The day, once more, seemed to be filled with meetings and telephone conferences. At lunch time I ventured into Dorking town centre to do some banking and visit the post office. The afternoon was taken up by appraisals and more meetings and telephone conferences. We are moving offices at the weekend and I need to pack up many of my files and belongings to shift over to the new block. I left the office at 5.30 p.m. and arrived home just as the Archer's were finishing. Sara had made a lovely hot wood fire. I wrote my "flag" article for the December issue of the parish magazine and printed off the papers for tomorrow night's PCC. Feeling quite tired I shall head for bed early tonight. It is likely to be a long day and night tomorrow with a trip up to London on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment