Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Morning Blues

The sort of day I don't like - having to get up early on a dark winter's Monday morning to travel into Surrey for an early morning meeting - in this case a telephone court hearing at 9.45 a.m. The weather remained wet and the roads very dangerous with huge puddles. However, despite the traffic and the weather I managed to get into my office in Dorking by 9.00 a.m. The court hearing started on time but the other side did not turn up on the line and the hearing was adjourned until next Monday morning when I will have to go through this whole process again. The rest of my day was taken up with paperwork including writing up my monthly report and discussions with my boss over future plans following the takeover in November. I woke this morning with a sore throat, runny nose and feeling distinctly unwell too. I left the office a little early this evening and attended a lodge rehearsal meeting at Crane Street in Salisbury. The rehearsal went really well and I was reminded that I shall be acting as the Director of Ceremonies at the meeting on Wednesday as our normal Director, Bryant, will be on the high seas enjoying a luxury cruise paid for by his family. What a lucky chap. I can only hope that I do not muck everything up on Wednesday especially as we have some distinguished members coming form Boscombe in Dorset and from our own Province. I went to bed early deciding to write up this blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment