Friday, November 27, 2009

A day in London

I awoke early this morning in Hove having had a reasonable night's sleep at Peter's. We had tea and toast together before I set off for Portslade Station where I caught the 0806 train for London Victoria. I was successful in getting a window seat although the train was much less comfortable than those used on the Salisbury to London Victoria route. I arrived at Victoria Station at 9.20 a.m. and caught the No. 11 bus which took me down Victoria Street to Parliament Square, along Whitehall to Trafalgar Square and then along The Strand to The Royal Courts of Justice. An excellent route for any tourists as it takes in all the major London landmarks before eventually arriving at Liverpool St. Station. I bought myself a latte and waited for Michael R, my friend and our barrister, to arrive at the coffee bar opposite the courts called Apostrophe. Michael arrived at about 10.20 a.m. and we chatted about the case before moving across the road for the case management conference with Master Foster. We met the representatives from the other side and thrashed out directions before the Master for the trial of this disputed claim to be heard some time between May and July next year. Following the conference, we chatted again for some time in the Bear Garden before parting company. I walked across Waterloo Bridge to Southwark where I had a light Thai lunch in a pub before visitng Simon and Philip at Stop the Traffik where we discussed some initatives for me to look at including getting an STT Action Group together in Wiltshire. I returned to Victoria Station via the tube from Lambeth North and was back at Portslade Station at 5.30 p.m. Nobody seemed to be around when I returned to Peter's,although the front door was open and I was able to retrieve my car keys from the kitchen worktop. I returned back to Winterslow at around 7.30 p.m. and tonight went down to the Lion's Head for a drink with Richard. We also met up with John F and Bob C. A busy but less tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment