Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Church Pub Quiz

A very long and busy day again today. I set off very early this morning to get to an important meeting in Dorking at 9 a.m. The weather and traffic were both kind to me today and I arrived in the office at 8.30 a.m. A whole series of meetings took place this morning and after a light lunch of soup and a baked potato I drove to Salisbury for another set of meetings this afternoon. Matters which I couldn't complete this afternoon were held over for meetings in Salisbury tomorrow. Tonight I acted as quizmaster for our church's social event in the Lord Nelson Village pub. The results were quite close with Hilary and her team coming first but only one point behind Petra, Klynn, Chris and Lesley. Well done everybody. Not all the questions were easy but the teams did very well. The groups from the Alpha Course and the Team Council meeting joined us later and I gave a few of them a re-run of the quiz which they had missed. I finally arrived home at 11 p.m. quite tired after a long day with travelling and some quite tricky meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment