Thursday, December 17, 2009

A pleasant Italian Christmas Lunch

Another day working in Salisbury. Unfortunately all the car parking spaces had been taken by the time I arrived at the office this morning. I worked in the Technical Claims office again today and joined the team for their Christmas lunch next door at Da Vinci's. Excellent food and company and it was good to see Hilary again and talk about what it is like to be retired. I had had a similar conversation with Adrian T whom I met near the post office. He was delighted with my news and thoroughly recommended retirement. In response to my fear that Sara and I might get under each other's feet he responded by suggesting that the solution to that problem would be to send Sara out to to work again! Not sure that would go down too well at home! This evening we had five of us at the House Group. We decided that after the seasonal break we would begin again on 7th January and do a seven-week course on The Holy Spirit. This seems to be a subject which Christians often shy away from and as it is at the heart of our beliefs we felt it was something we should tackle. I will now need to go and get sufficient books for the group from Sarum Books. I should be in Dorking tomorrow but severe bad weather is predicted for Surrey overnight and so in all probability I shall work in Salisbury again. It certainly makes sense to do this as the only reason I would be going would be to attend a briefing which will have little effect on me if I leave the company at the end of January as predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment