Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I had planned to be in Dorking today but the weather defeated me - the roads around the village were treacherous and heavy snow overnight coupled with freezing conditions had made driving around Basingstoke (which I need to drive by) very dangerous. Sara's car was trapped in our drive and she had to take the children up to the shop to buy essentials on foot. Whilst she was out, Peter our neighbour and I salted the drive and cleared away the snow. After a number of further attempts I got the car to the top of the drive and left if there for the sun to thaw the ice around it. Eventually after a further couple of hours I was able to drive it to the Village Hall and park it next to my own. In the afternoon Sara drove it up to Lopcombe Corner (Phipson's) to get her tyre repaired (it had a nail embedded in it). This enabled her to drive into Salisbury to get much needed provisions for New Year. I logged on and worked from home today. Another employment tribunal had come in and in view of my potential redundancy in the New Year suggested that the external lawyers now deal with any new cases - I shall have plenty to do in the New Year tidying up existing ones. We ended the evening watching Only Fools and Horses - two Christmas Specials I didn't recall seeing before - possibly because when first shown I used to often spend Christmas in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment