Friday, December 04, 2009

In the Pompey Courthouse

I spent the morning working at home today dealing with a number of telephone messages and e-mails. I was due in court in Portsmouth this afternoon at 2 p.m. so left around 12 noon after having posted our overseas Christmas cards to ensure they arrived at their destinations - Australia, USA, Canada and Ireland - before Christmas. I arrived at court at around 1.30 p.m. and met our external solicitor and barrister for what we thought might be a heavily contested application, by a debtor, to have a substantial judgment set aside. However, despite it being his application, debtor didn't turn up. We did get costs awarded which is just as well as the external solicitor had come from Manchester, the barrister from London and me from Salisbury. I have to say, the defendant not turing up on a Friday afternoon is just the sort of result I like! Back home I continued to deal with emails until it was time to take Tom off to his football training at Bemerton. I met up with Gary and Jeremy and discussed the FA investigation into the events of a match whilst we were away in the Bahamas. Apparently there are allegations that the behaviour of our manager and some of the supporters towards the young referee was not acceptable. I gave some general advice about how to approach the investigation. Tomorrow Tom and I are off to Walsall to watch Saints in the second away game in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment