Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Another Milestone for Saints and Diaries!

A bit of a better day than yesterday - at least I didn't have to drive to Surrey today but I still had my dreadful cold - this disrupted my sleep last night - which manifested itself as a runny nose, headache and sore throat - and it was raining! I've also started coughing a lot which has made my lungs and rib cage feel sore. As I was about to leave I was asked by Sara to print off some homework for Tom. I thought this would be an easy task but as with a lot of things these days - simple tasks prove themselves to be complicated. In this case the black cartridge in the printer was out of ink and I couldn't remember how to insert the replacement. Eventually I managed to achieve this technological conundrum only to be told that the homework didn't have to be in today anyway! Despite the delay in leaving I still managed to get a car parking space at the office and therefore saved myself over £5. I had a meeting at 9.00 a.m. which I made in good time and another one at 1.00 p.m. I also spent some time with our Claims Team on a number of queries. I managed to meet Sara for coffee in Starbucks for a quick lunchtime coffee and to compare diaries - I keep getting told off by Sara for not entering my diary notes into the "Communal Kitchen Diary" which is the oracle in our house. Failure to complete the entries in this tome is punishable by there being no childcare to cover for appointments and other activities I might want to go to. I decided to buy myself a little diary too from the market for £1 to jot down appointments as we go. This evening Tom and I went to St. Mary's to watch the Saints beat Wycombe Wanderers 1-0 and take themselves out of the bottom four. They are still 12 points adrift of the playoff positions but I think it is not impossible for them to do it. The bookies think so too as they are no longer taking bets on them reaching the playoffs. It was raining yet again as we left the stadium and the traffic was jammed along Millbrook where the endless road works have still not ended - after 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment