Friday, December 18, 2009

Off to Grimsby

Although I was due to attend an early morning briefing meeting in Dorking today, I worked in Salisbury because a severe weather warning yesterday proved to be accurate and much of south-eastern England was under several inches of snow and the roads were treacherous. I spent the morning again working in the Claims Department and it was pleasant to be working with such good company. During the lunchtime I went to Sarum College and Sarum Books to order enough copies of The Holy Spirit for the House Group meeting in 2010. Tom and I set off for Grimsby at 5 p.m. stopping off to drop in a Christmas card and my Daylight subscription to Hilary. Because of the severe weather warnings of heavy snow I took the motorway route via Oxford, Coventry, Leicester and Sheffield and was amazed at the lightness of the traffic. It seemed that many must have taken the warning seriously and not ventured out. The traffic and weather were so light that we were up in Grimsby by 10.15 p.m. – just over 5 hours since we had set off. Tom was exhausted and went to bed almost immediately and I went to bed after chatting with Mum at around midnight – reading for a little while before finally turning in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment