Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A glorious sunrise

Another dark dreary morning although I did just see a wonderful sunrise as I left for the long journey to Dorking again. The traffic was reasonably kind to me this morning until I reached the M25 when is slowed right down again. Having left a little later than normal I wasn't in until just after 9.30 a.m. My meeting at 11 a.m. was cancelled through illness of the other attendee and so I ended up with an appointmentless day today (not sure if there is such a word as "appointmentless" but it is a nice long one! My spell checker doesn't like it but I do!). Lunch today was taken quite late due to phone calls and consisted of a mediocre steak and mushroom pie with cabbage and potatoes. I left for home again in darkness and rain not getting back home until nearly 8 p.m. feeling quite tired. Tomorrow I have to return to Dorking for a morning meeting and then travel back to Salisbury over lunchtime for another meeting there. At least there is the church social in the Lord Nelson to look forward to. The quiz is complete with answer sheets at the ready. I just need the pens which Sara nicked for a Virgin Vie party returned to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment