Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Mary!

I worked at home this morning and so was able to watch Mary open her birthday presents before she left for school this morning. She has a really good selection of presents from us and from her godparents. The weather has turned clear and cold today. Sara spent the morning ironing and dealing with domestic chores whilst I worked in the study. We had lunch together before I set off for Brighton to attend a Masonic function. I took the opportunity, whilst in Brighton, to deliver a few Christmas cards to people I knew around the area I used to live and to hand out cards to friends at tonight's meeting. The meeting went well with me being invested as Junior Warden and a ceremony of passing. Although I had been unable to make any lodges of instruction I think we all did well and the ceremony went smoothly. The dinner consisted of the usual seasonal fayre - prawn cocktail, turkey and trimmings, Christmas pudding and mince pie. I also won a bottle of Gordon's gin in the raffle! I spent the night at Peter's rather than drive home tonight. I am working in Salisbury tomorrow so will need an early start in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment