Monday, August 27, 2012

A working Bank Holiday

After the last two or three hectic days, today, a Bank Holiday Monday, was one to slow down a bit.  I took Thom up to the shop to pick up his papers for his newspaper round and then drove back home with a morning newspaper to read.  A slow start this morning primarily because it was raining and I couldn't get out into the garden as intended.  I spent the morning sorting out the clean laundry and watching an old documentary on Auschwitz at the same time.  Having recently been in Poland and seen the camps, this repeated documentary meant so much more to me.  I mowed the front lawn and the bank this afternoon and then went into Salisbury, briefly, to buy some ingredients for a Nigella Lawson recipe which Sara had watched on the TV this afternoon.  I had a lovely long bath after all the gardening and work and read some more of my book "In the Garden of the Beasts".  Spent the evening catching up on my blogs and other work on the PC.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete