Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Playing golf twice in one day!

Another warm day today. I attended the Mid-Week Eucharist at Whaddon which was very well attended - much better than the equivalent service at Winterslow.  It was taken today by Andrew who had forgotten his vestments but made light of it.  He has a good rapport with all his congregations and I have always found the church members from Alderbury and Whaddon very kind and understanding if anything goes slightly wrong.  Following the service, and after having given Jane her "Jamie at Home"  goods I drove into Salisbury where I bought a small cheap BBQ for Sunday afternoon's event as well as some cricket pads - both for the Single Wicket Competition and as a visual aid for my sermon at East Grimstead on Sunday morning.  After a coffee in Waitrose, I returned home for a baked potato lunch with the family (which also today included great nephew Harry who is staying with us for a couple of days.)  This afternoon, I took Thom and Harry to Grateley where we played some golf (nine holes) badly and after returning them to Winterslow, I then went back with Richard for another nine holes (also played badly).  We eventually retired to the Lion's Head for a couple of pints of Fuller's bitter and discussed Richard's role in my sermon presentation at East Grimstead on Sunday as well as other matters of a more personal nature.   Arriving home, I walked over our now open front lawn instead of along the pavement and in the dark tripped over the stump of our old cherry blossom tree grazing my leg and injuring my arm.  Decided to go to bed and hopefully it will feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment