Friday, August 24, 2012

Emergency meeting of my masonic lodge

A really busy day again today.  There was no meeting of Ambassadors' breakfast club today so I didn't need to get up quite as early as I had originally thought.  My left arm was in agony again - just as the doctor had predicted - but after some pain killers and some use it settled down so that by the evening I hardly noticed any problem with it.  It does twinge occasionally but it is likely to take a few days before it is okay.  I made a pile of pancakes for the kids (Thom, Harry and Mary) this morning and then drove into Salisbury to pick up the trophy for the Single Wicket Competition on Sunday.  I also did some banking, had a coffee and a chicken slice at Reeves before calling in at the station to buy railway tickets for our trip next week to the Paralympics in London, drop off some rubbish at the recycling centre and call in to the Cash 'n' Carry to get some drinks in for our murder mystery party tomorrow.  This afternoon I dealt with some paperwork on my return and this evening attended an emergency meeting of our Masonic lodge to discuss its future with its falling numbers of members.  We were honoured with the presence of two senior Freemasons from the Provincial Executive who gave us optimism to continue through hour bad times and promised help in our recruitment drive.  Afterwards, I had a drink with one of our members who had made a special trip from Sussex to be with us.  Back home this evening, I got out my dinner suit and accessories for tomorrow night's dinner party.  Should be a very interesting day tomorrow - working on a charity market stall in the morning, having coffee with an old Uni friend, back home to pick up Thom to go into Southampton for Saints' first Premier League game for seven years and then back home in the evening to play "Colonel Hurley-Burley" at the murder mystery party.  At some point I need to print out my sermon for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment