Monday, August 13, 2012

Back on the golf course - Oh dear!

With having watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics last night and also a following programme about the 25 most memorable moments from previous Olympic Games, I only got three and a half hours' sleep last night. I was up at 5.30 a.m. today as Richard was calling round for me at 6.30 a.m. to go down to Bournemouth to play golf.  Richard was on time, as usual, and we were down near Hengistbury Head, Christchurch, at 7.40 a.m.  Nobody was at the golf centre at Solent Meads (a lovely par 3 links course with great views of Christchurch Priory and the harbour) and so we waited until the groundsman told us that we could go ahead.  Neither Richard nor I had played any golf for a whole year so we were really rusty and pleased that we were only playing on a Par 3 course.  Richard managed one par 3 and I missed a number of fairly close opportunities.  By and large we scored 4s and 5s.  Not bad but not good either!  The voucher I had bought included breakfast which was a very adequate full English with tea and toast.  I think I would certainly like to play it again soon to see if I can quickly improve. We also hit sixty balls on the driving range and returned back to Winterslow for about 1 p.m.  I must confess that I had an afternoon snooze and think I must have been asleep for a good hour.  This afternoon I dealt with some accounts and brought this blog up-to-date.  Tonight, we all watched Schindler's List, 80% of which was filmed in the Jewish Quarter of Krakow called Kazimierz.  This is only the second time I have seen the film all the way through and its images came to life as we had, only six days before, walked many of the streets and seen many of the locations used in the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment