Monday, August 20, 2012

Manchester United lose first match to Everton

A day spent getting up to date with some mundane paperwork - especially bills etc. and generally tidying up and cleaning which also meant a drive into Andover to dump some bits at the rec-cycling centre and delivering some old crockery to Andover Mind charity shop.  Another really hot day today.  Ashley phoned to say that all of us students are now behind in our academic work and so I intend to go over to Westbury tomorrow morning to spend a bit of time with him going through the research for the current module as well as picking his brains for some ideas for the family worship service I am preaching at on Sunday.  I cut the rear lawn this evening - still hot when I did so - and I also ventured into the loft to retrieve the fan in an effort to cool us all down.  It is currently blasting out cool air on my study desk to keep me comfortable as I write this.  I suddenly remembered this evening that the accounts for one of the companies we look after is due and so I set about completing those accounts for submission to Companies House by post tomorrow.  I just wish it was a little cooler.  England lost the Third Test against South Africa this afternoon and thereby lost their premier ranking in world cricket to South Africa. Tonight Manchester United lost to Everton which, ironically, meant that Southampton went up a place in the league to 13th.  Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment