Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Goodbye Hayley, RIP

Torrential rain again this morning with a few thunder claps too. I went to Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's this morning which was taken by Cynthia. A very sad day as Mary and I took Hayley the Hamster to the vet where she had to be put down.  She was clearly suffering from a terminal illness and was just skin, fur and bone - very de-hydrated - and shaking all over like a human being with Parkinson's disease.  Mary and I shed a few tears but it was all over in minutes and we are comforted to know that she did not suffer in her last moments. Mary has Leo the Cat to console her and she seemed fairly bright this afternoon as she spent most of it with her good friend, Izzy.   A quiet day otherwise with some reading in the office and a meeting with the Team Rector at the Rectory this afternoon to complete my end of term/year report for the Diocese.  We spent a good deal of the time downloading a piece of software called Visual Liturgy which gives me electronic access to the  Book of Common Worship, Lectionary, Music and all sorts of other useful resources when planning a church service.  I shall enjoy playing with it later.  An early night tonight after watching a couple of episodes of Rev.  Early today Sara and I watched an episode of Ever Decreasing Circles with Richard Briers. I thought that Sara was rather unkind in likening me to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment