Friday, August 17, 2012

Footies Back! (and so is Sara)

Another day at home today - no appointments.  Sara is away in Birmingham at a "Jamie Oliver Convention" and I had Ginny the Cat sleeping with me most of last night. I woke to heavy rain this morning having had quite a short night's sleep owing to the fact that I watched a documentary on the sinking of the RMS Lusitania last night which I thought was a one-hour documentary but turned out to be two!  I took Thom to the shop to collect his papers and then to the Lion's Head where his newspaper round begins.  The rain eased somewhat but was still drizzling.  I must confess that I made myself a cup of tea and then returned to bed to read for a while.  This morning I worked in my study and  apart from a walk up to Tytherley Road and back to deliver a letter (a 1.5 miles walk) I didn't again venture out of the house and garden.  I removed some more ivy from our chimney breast.  The rest should die off naturally as I cannot get to the top of the chimney - I wish Fred Dibnah was still around!  I have no plans to emulate him in the steeplejacking stakes.  Tonight, I cooked a balti curry for Thom and myself (leaving a small portion over for Sara for when she returns) and chicken noodle soup for Mary.  Sara returned about 8.45 p.m whilst Thom and I were watching the first Championship game of the season on TV (Cardiff 1 - 0 Huddersfield).  Cardiff scored in the second minute of final injury time.  Poor Huddersfield, they played extremely well too.  Sara and the kids are looking after some neighbours' chickens and they returned with five eggs (one hen is broody hence not six!).  Feeling really tired again.  It has been hot and muggy today.  The rain this morning seemed to only increase the humidity and it is very very sticky.  It's hard to concentrate in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment