Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Golden Wednesday

Wow, the 1st August already.  This year has simply flown by!  Again, I found it difficult to get out of bed this morning and read another chapter of Dave Hopwood's "Bloke's Bible" although I did get up briefly at 6.30 a.m. to make tea.  I have made a pact with myself that tomorrow I shall make tea at 6.30 a.m. and stay up!  Let's see if that really does happen.  I'll report, truthfully, tomorrow.  I walked to St. John's church this morning for Mid-Week Eucharist.  When I arrived only two people were there - and both clergy. Eventually there were six of us - three clergy, me ("half clergy") and two full laity.   Still, Cynthia did a nice service and it was something I needed as I have been "out of focus" with God over the last few days. We heard that Linda C's brother was in hospital being operated on for a blood clot near his artificial heart.  Sadly we learnt later in the day that he died during the operation. Our thoughts and prayers are with Linda and the family tonight.  Sara and  Mary attended the Play Day on the Rec. with Sara doing nail painting and Mary demonstrating her cheerleading skills with her companions.  Unfortunately it poured with rain later in the afternoon which brought the proceedings to a hasty end.  I joined the clergy at Debbie's in Pitton this lunchtime for training on a piece of software called "Visual Liturgy" which will very much help me in putting together services as my ministry develops. Which reminds me, I must make a start on getting my essays written.  A day in Sarum College tomorrow beckons.  Debbie put on a splendid BBQ style lunch and we sat in her garden enjoying the hot sun and food.  A very pleasant and relaxed atmosphere - something I need at the moment.  I cycled over to the Rec later in the afternoon to help put things away and also cycled over to Richard and Linda's to deliver a condolence card.  I managed to cycle six miles tonight in total which, for me, is the best sort of exercise.  Whilst my day was progressing in Winterslow, Team GB managed to win two gold medals (rowing and cycling), a silver (swimming) and a bronze (cycling).  After a barren four days we have struck gold at last on the fifth.  Let's hope we can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment