Thursday, August 23, 2012

GCSE Results/Visit to the doctors'

I woke up this morning in absolute agony.  My left arm was extremely painful and I found it difficult to move it.  I was concerned that I had fractured it in my fall last night.  There was, however, no bruising and I had full movement although it was very painful.  A hot shower did relieve the discomfort somewhat but I thought it wise to go and see a doctor.  That process proved to be more difficult than moving my arm!  Apparently, the doctor could not make or accept any appointments because their computer had gone down - "what ever happened to go old pen and paper?" asked Sara.  Eventually I did manage to get an appointment at the local Winterslow surgery for 11.30 a.m.  The diagnosis was that I had suffered some muscle damage but no broken or fractured bones.  The treatment is simply to take some strong Ibuprofen and to try and use the arm as much as possible.  I have not had much of an appetite today and feeling a bit nauseous.  Felt quite tired this afternoon and dropped off for a few minutes before returning to my study to write the outline of my visual sermon for Sunday.  I am preaching at an All Age Service and using visual props rather than my usual sermon presentation.  Something new to try out and something I can add to my preaching portfolio.  Great nephew Harry has stayed on today and spending a second night in Thom's room.  Thom received his GCSE results today for the three modules he has taken - two Bs and a C.  The number of A*-C grades this year is well down on previous years and the trend has dipped from previous years where there has been a steady rise (see graph).  Further modules next year should bring his final marks up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment