Monday, February 09, 2009

Beside the Seaside


More miserable weather today - non-stop torrential rain; but at least no more snow. It took me over two hours to complete the journey from home to Dorking largely due to a vegetable lorry turning over on the A34 resulting in extra traffic using the M3. It also produced quite a few puns on BBC Radio Solent such as "Is the A34 now a dual cabbageway?" I drove in through the centre of Guildford - something I haven't done in a long time. The office was almost deserted when I did arrive - most people being in a commercial team meeting. I spent most of the morning engaged in paperwork and administrative work which I had been unable to do online from home. After lunch with David and Anthony, I drove down to Brighton in torrential rain having taken the afternoon off. I was attending a Brighton & Hove Civic Lodge meeting at 5.30 p.m where I had a role to play in the ceremony. I met up with Peter, our DC, at his home in Hove where I am staying tonight. He drove us into Brighton where we parked in Gloucester Road close to the station and walked to the Masonic Centre in driving wind and rain. The meeting went very well indeed and Bruno initiated his son-in-law Mark brilliantly - one of the best ceremonies I've witnessed in a long time. The dinner consisted of fried camembert, steak and kidney pie and apple pie. Back home at Peter's we sat down and drank coffee whilst analysing the current financial climate and trying to find out where everything has gone wrong. It is interesting to observe that each time there has been a Labour government the pound has been significantly devalued. Co-incidence?

1 comment:

  1. Don't get me started on politics!... "ERM" need I say any more ;-) or yes and then there's the 15% BoE interest rates, Poll tax I could go on, but Labour these days aren't any better, perhaps you can stand as an independent...I'll vote for you, but only if you drop this Lenny the Lion nonsense!

    Klynn

    ReplyDelete