Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The wrong side of the boat?


A day in the Salisbury office today. My plan was to finalise my presentation for tomorrow and deal with a few claims queries in pre-arranged meetings during the afternoon. As with most things recently, my planned day went "pear-shaped" quite early on with an urgent request from Dorking to prepare a note for the Chief Executive as to the position with the issues in the Isle of Man. As this was requested as urgent all my meetings had to be shifted. I did manage to lunch with Sara for about 15 minutes with soup and a bread roll. I somehow managed to squeeze in all my scheduled meetings before leaving the office for home via the railway station where I purchased tickets for my trip to London tomorrow - it will save some time and queuing in the morning and allow me an extra 15 minutes in bed! As I left work I felt thorough exhausted and slightly light-headed - something of how you feel when you've just had a day of important examinations. Sara cooked a Chinese style stir fry which we ate together as a family although not without some arguments between the children. They will argue about anything. As it is half-term next week Sara thinks I've got away lightly with my trips away to Liverpool, Manchester and the Isle of Man. I spent this evening with Klynn planning the Food for Thought service in two week's time which I am to lead. We sat down and chose the songs, theme for the talk, ideas for a testimony, prayers and so on. The bible reading and main theme we chose as "Don't cast your net on the wrong side of the boat" from John 21.6 This followed on from Klynn's general trawl through possible readings and my revelation that I had only read that passage a day or so ago in my daily bible reading. I also felt that I had been doing this metaphorically to some extent today too! So the theme and reading were cast, like the net - hopefully on the right side of the boat this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment