Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lovin' Lobsters

After a very hectic week, and another one coming up, it was lovely to get up late this morning especially as it was Valentine's Day and the children enjoyed getting their mugs filled with seashell chocolates. Sara and I exchanged cards and Sara and Mary went off to ballet whilst Tom and I stayed at home - Tom spent his time with his new I-pod Touch whilst I tidied up and made breakfast. Tom and I later went into Southampton to get a ticket for "Liverpool Sam" for the Saints v. Preston match next week which Tom will be going to with Sam and his father, my good friend Malcolm from Liverpool. Unfortunately or perhaps it should be fortunately, I will not be able to attend next week's match as Sara and I are going to a Wiltshire Provincial Officer's Dinner in Trowbridge and we need to be in DJs and posh frocks in good time which will mean I would not be back from Southampton in time to get ready and go to Trowbridge. Whilst in Southampton I popped into the Hall of Aviation or, as it is now known Solent Skyway. On the desk was the curator who had given an excellent - though rather long - talk on the Schneider Trophy to the Salisbury Astronomical Society at Orcheston just before Christmas. We had a brief chat - I was in a park and display bay not having displayed! - but had a chance to see a number of Spitfires and the large flying boat exhibit. I promised I would return and have a good look around when I had more time. It certainly looked to be a very interesting collection and I was told that I could sit in the cockpit of a Spitfire and should allow 2 hours for a proper visit. Tom and I had lunch at McDonald's in Millbrook where he was delighted to be able to use their free Wi-Fi to gain access to the internet with his new I-pod Touch. Unfortunately we discovered through the connection that Saints were losing, yet again, against Bristol City, and whilst Grimsby Town were one-nil up at home against Bury at half time, the final score was a lost game at 1-2. I picked up today's freebie war movie - Hell in the Pacific from Tesco's in Salisbury on the way home. Back home I cooked one of my old favourites for a Valentine Day's supper - Lobster in Brandy. It has been such a long time since I have cooked this and thoroughly enjoyed remembering my own recipe - it does tend to be a bit different each time though! It has nearly everything in it that is bad for you - butter, brandy, cream and white wine amongst other things! Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment