Thursday, August 25, 2011

Building Mary's wardrobes

I woke early this morning in Hove and had hardly time to drink a cup of tea before Peter and I were on the road back to Winterslow.  In the back of Peter's car were all the MDF segments for Mary's built in wardrobe which Peter was going to spend the day constructing.  We made good time until we were a mile or so from Arundel where an accident appeared to have caused severe queues.  We turned round and then drove south onto the A259 and along to Littlehampton and Bognor Regis (in fact following the line of the railway I had taken yesterday afternoon).  Once back on to the A27 at Chichester it was fairly plain sailing - an appropriate metaphor as we encountered torrential rain along the A27/M27 to Ower.  We drove by way of West Dean where I picked up my car.  Once back home I cooked bacon sandwiches for Peter and made myself a cooked breakfast with a cup of coffee.  Peter put up the new door between the utility room and Sara's study and I went into Salisbury to buy hanging rails for the wardrobe.  Whilst in Salisbury I picked up the study guides at Sarum College for the House Group (a commentary on Hebrews) and went to the bank.  Peter left us about 6.30 p.m. to return to Hove (he flies out to Majorca tomorrow!).  This evening we let the two cats see each other through the glass doors between the longe and dining room.  A very small amoun tof hissing and grumbling from Ginny but Leo seemed more inquisitive than scared of the marmalade female.  I think they will get along just fine.  I watched some of the exciting Football League Cup tie between Scunthorpe and Newcatle United which ended in a 1-2 win for Newcastle after extra time.  Scunthorpe played exceedingly well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment