Friday, August 05, 2011

Championship kicks off

Drier but cooler today than yesterday although the weather still remains "muggy".  I was up very early today to attend the breakfast meeting of Ambassadors at Grasmere House Hotel.  I stopped off at Halford's on the way back home to pick up some car cleaning products and also popped in to Lidl's for washing liquid.  Once home I dealt with a huge post which, unfortunately, included a hefty phone bill.  Upon close examination it appeared that this was caused by heavy broadband usage and is down to Tom having switched from our Orange provider for his gaming sessions to BT (because he said Orange was too slow) and thus exceedingly our BT limit for which we get surcharged.  I was not amused.  It's a good job that I've been using Orange for our business use otherwise we would have been stung even more.  I spoke to BT on the phone and changed our option to unlimited use which is still far cheaper than being surcharged.  Sara was working at the Lord Nelson this lunchtime and I took the kids down there for lunch.  i had an excellent Thai-style prawn soup and a glass of Guinness.  I am not used to drinking in the middle of the day and had a little snooze this afternoon - no work in today.  After my snooze I did some pruning in the garden and cut up some logs for seasoning ready for use in the fireplace over the winter.  This evening Tom and I watched the first Championship football match of the season - Hull v Blackpool which resulted in a 0-1 win for Blackpool.  It's certainly going to be a tough season ahead in the Championship.  Saints play Leeds at St. Mary's tomorrow.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment