Monday, August 01, 2011

Nose to the grindstone

Tom has got some extra work this week as he is covering for one of the weekday paper lads who is on holiday - so he was up early again this morning.  I had a full day of Complex work today and had little time for much else.  It was sweltering hot too today - something I don't like.  I therefore spent most of the day in my study ploughing through paperwork and working on the computer.  I had a snatched lunch of mulligatawny soup with Sara before continuing working.  I was due to attend a Bible Study meeting this afternoon but gave my apologies and stayed at home.  I briefly ventured out to the village shop on my bicycle to buy stamps and to get a padlock for the newly configured garage door which Peter and Ian fixed yesterday when I was at church.  I realised just how hot it was as I cycled along.  This evening Sara went off to Karryn's for another Calendar publicity photo shoot and I decided that I needed some exercise after a day in the office so I drove over to Grateley to play nine holes of Par Three golf.  I am afraid that my day sitting down at a screen showed its toll by my appalling game - the worst I have ever played on that course with the ball finding every bunker, tree and inch of rough it could.   I consoled myself with a pint of Cornish Tribune Bitter which is a nice light ale to drink in this hot humid climate we are experiencing at the moment.  After a full day at work today we are having a family day out/off in Poole tomorrow.  Hurrah!  We watched an episode of Outnumbered this evening.  No need to watch it really.  It is happening all about us all day everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment