Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Hawk Conservancy

It was difficult to get up this morning after a long day in London yesterday.  I was determined to have a day off but needed to deal with some urgent mail (which was unattended yesterday) first and also wanted to catch up on my daily devotionals which I read in bed first with a cup of tea.  Yesterday I finished reading the second of two pre-training books (thanks to the train journeys and my time at The Hub) and I am now reading a third on the topic of Reader Ministry being a bridging ministry.  Hard to believe but there are only another three weeks to go before I start my formal training.  As we had elected today to be a family day we spent the latter part of the morning and most of the afternoon at The Hawk Conservancy near Andover where we had the opportunity of seeing birds of prey in flight (including a Siberian Eagle Owl) and flying our own Harris Hawks - an amazing experience.  I was very impressed indeed with the Conservancy and only wish I had visited it before.  I had seen signs for it every time I drove along the A303 but until we got the Group On voucher had never been persuaded to give it a visit.  In total we spent about six hours there having a picnic snack by the car.  Tonight we watched some Father Ted DVDs and followed the Saint's match away at Ipswich.  Southampton won 2-5 and having firmly secured their place at the top of the table with three consecutive league wins this season and 9 points.  Grimsby, on the other hand, had their second crushing defeat at the hands of newcomers, Braintree - losing 0-5.  It's not looking good for my old home team - but Saints certainly keep marching on.

No comments:

Post a Comment