Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Sandwich Making

Sara woke up with a painful shoulder this morning - although she doesn't think that it was caused by anything which happened to her yesterday at .  It was agreed that she would take Tom to the doctor's this morning and that I would do her stint at Morning Star.  Sara dropped me off at Morning Star and Bev prayed over her shoulder which did, as the morning progressed, seem to get better.  I spent the morning in their kitchen making rolls (corned beef and pickle, cheese and lettuce and coronation chicken) as well as cutting up and wrapping slices of cake.  All this was achieved in a peaceful and tranquil setting with just UCB Radio to accompany the work.  I felt quite relaxed and felt I was achieving something very purposeful in the simple act of cutting bread and cakes and making and sandwiches and rolls for the homeless of Salisbury.  I walked back down the track to Witt Road and called in at St. John's Church where I spent a quiet contemplative ten minutes or so in silent prayer before returning to the hustle and bustle of life at home.  This afternoon I drove into Salisbury for shopping and banking and called in on Natasha and family on the way back.  I had a cup of tea with them and we chatted for about half an hour about the perils of having children off school for six weeks and discussed how they were settling in.  We've agreed to have their eldest son stay over with us from Sunday until Wednesday next week which will include visits to the Rose Bowl and St. Mary's Stadium.  Back home I put up Mary's curtain pole which was a relatively easy task - no problems at all which is most unusual for me!  Tonight we ate an Indian takeaway from Tesco's and spoke to Sara's Dad and Andrea on Skype.  The temperature over in the States is 110 degrees Fahreinheit (or 43 Degrees Celsius).  Here today it has been 29.5 Degrees Celsius (or 85 Degrees Fahreinheit) which is, for us, quite hot enough!  At least in America they can stay inside their air-conditioned houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment