Monday, August 15, 2011

Notting Hill Gate

I was up early this morning and on the 08.59 train from Grateley to London Waterloo for a meeting with fellow executors in respect of the will of an old friend and client.  Having arrived quite early in London I strolled to The Hub at Church.Co.Uk  in Kennington Road where I bought a cappuccino and spent an hour or so with my netbook using the free wi-fi available.  It is always a nice tranquil setting and with the wi-fi means that I can do some work over a lovely cup of coffee.  I received a text message saying that my co-executors were running late so I had a pleasant leisurely morning in London.  I caught the tube from Lambeth North (across the road from The Hub) and after a change at Oxford Circus arrived at Notting Hill Gate at around 12.40 where I met up with my clients.  We spent the afternoon at a family member's house in Ladbroke Road going through acres of paperwork before having a beer in the Churchill Arms (Fuller's Chiswick bitter) and an excellent meal at the Portobello (Italian Restaurant) in Ladbroke Road - to be fully recommended although a bit pricey.  We stayed there until I left at 8.30 p.m. to catch the 9.20 p.m. train back to Grateley.  An interesting day in London.  Having not been up to London for a little while I was amazed to see the progression of so many new skyscrapers in the centre including The London Bridge Shard which is springing up and which will be the tallest building in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment