Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On the train to Portslade

Today Sara, Tom, Mary and Harry went with Karryn H to spend the day at Thorpe Park Leisure Park in Surrey leaving me at home to finish off the settlement arrangements for one of my cases which was executed successfully.  This means that I no longer have to spend three nights away in Croydon during the week after next and can attend a couple of masonic meetings which I would otherwise have had to give apologies for (and have done so for the last couple of meetings).  That accomplished, I made sure that both of the new cats were comfortable before driving to West Dean (where I left my car) to catch the 1508 train to Portslade where I had a meeting with members of Brighton & Hove Civic Lodge this evening.  I caught the train as I would be returning to Wiltshire by car with Peter tomorrow morning.  The journey was quite epic - taking three hours with changes at Southampton and Barnham.  At one point it appeared that the train to Brighton had been cancelled but if it had, I managed to pick up a connection at Barnham after only a ten minute wait.   After arriving at Portslade, I had a light supper with Peter and family before the meeting which ended around 9.30 p.m.  Peter gave me an excellent bottled beer to drink which had been brewed in Edinburgh - Innis & Gunn - highly recommended but which is unlikely to be found very far from Scotland.  Bristol City lost to Swindon Town tonight in Round 1 of the league Cup meaning that the Saints will have an away tie against Swindon in Round 2.  This will mean that I shall be able to take Tom and Harry to that game as it is midweek but not very far to drive.  An early night tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment