Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A quiet day at home watching the Test

A sombre day today and it seems so strange not to have Emily around.  Sara didn't go to morning Star this morning but three Calendar Girls arrived for the final shoot - at the Rose and Crown where Sara and I had our wedding reception.  Tom and Harry got up late, made themselves breakfast and went off the play football.  Mary joined them later in  a game of poker!  I did some work in the study today and this afternoon cut the bank and the front lawn whilst Sara took Harry back home and took the children with her.  She went shopping in Salisbury with Natasha leaving the children at home with Marc.  It was nice to have some peace and quiet and so after I had mowed the lawns and done some garden tidying up I sat down with a cup of tea and watched the first day of the Third Test at the new Edgbaston against India who were all out for 224.  At the end of the day's play, Strauss and Cook had put on 84 runs.  This evening we watched Parent Trap and I dealt with some more emails that had come in.  It was pleasant to spend the day at home but very strange without Emily.  I ate some prawns for lunch and, out of habit, hid the prawns away from Emily whilst they were defrosting.  I still keep thinking she'll appear around a door any moment.  Tonight I thought I could hear her out in the kitchen.  We are all so gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment