Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paperwork

A busy day at home today - in fact another day when I did not venture outside the village.  I went to Midweek Eucharist at St. John's this morning - there were only four of us including Cynthia who was presiding.  I gave the old Testament reading from Judges which I had already read in bed over tea this morning as part of my daily devotions.  It was nice intimate and friendly service and we took communion together all standing around the altar table.  Whilst I was at church this morning, we had a visit from the Cats Protection League to confirm our suitability for another cat.  I am pleased that we were found to be satisfactory and so it is hoped that the children will have a new cat soon.  Of course, no cat can ever replace our lovely affectionate Emily but a new cat will mean that the children will be able to focus on something positive.   I spent nearly all today in the study dealing with paperwork - mainly two tribunals for Complex and issues arising out of my meeting in London on Monday.  I have been able to get quite a lot of annoying little tasks done today and as I write this feel much freer than for a while.  Still a few things to do tomorrow but it would be nice to spend a bit of time on something more physical.  All this new work means that I am finding it difficult to fit in walking, cycling and going to the gym which I need to do to keep my weight down.  A new regime of careful eating started today.  Still haven't read today's newspaper so think I'll take myself off to bed to read it.  Spoke to Mum this evening.  She seems in good spirits and I've arranged for Tom and me to go up for a night after our proposed visit to Liverpool next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment