Sunday, August 21, 2011

Welcome Bobbles/Leo

I went over to All Saints, Whiteparish this morning to attend their Team All Age Eucharist whilst Sara and Mary went to the Team Eucharist with Baptism at All Saints, Winterslow.  I enjoyed the service with some contemporary hymns and use of drums, piano and other instruments rather than the organ.  Cynthia led the service whilst Jane, Doreen and Anthea (other ministers) enjoyed being in the congregation.  I had lovely chats with Lucy and Bill afterwards.  Once back home we all drove down to Ferndown, just outside Bournemouth to visit the Cat Protection League's premises to view some of the cats they have in their care.  It was difficult to choose - at one point he children wanted a couple of kittens but I managed to dissuade them saying that adult cats are more road savvy and require less attention in the early days.  It would be difficult and wrong to go off on holiday in October whilst the kittens were still young.  Eventually the children chose a 1 year old male tabby called Bobbles which the children want to rename Leo.  I also rather liked a female marmalade cat called Ginny and so, in the end, we decided to have both.  We brought Bobbles home and Ginny (who is rather an independent cat) is remaining for 48 hours to be assessed for her suitability to be housed with another cat.  Bobbles was somewhat frightened by the noise of the traffic as we drove home and is quite shy - hiding in corners and under chairs.  It must all seem quite strange to him.  This evening I joined Richard at the Lion's Head for a couple of pints (my first alcohol this week as I am trying to get my weight down again by more careful tracking).  It was very quiet in the pub and I'm sure that not much money was made last night.  Sara was not feeling too good when I got back and went to bed relatively early for her.  I shut the cat up in the kitchen with his litter tray and food and drink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment