Monday, August 22, 2011

Feline Hide and Seek!

The day started with an absolute fright.  I came downstairs to the kitchen to make tea and couldn't find the cat anywhere.  Fearful that he might have escaped through the gaps left by the new garage door or into the cavity wall I was convinced that Leo had gone for good.  What a great start - and how do I explain that to the Cats Protection League - lost in less than day!  However, cup of tea and a bit of logic made me think that perhaps he had found Emily's favourite hideaway - behind the cases of wine and behind the kitchen cupboards.  A torch from the car revealed the tabby fur and two bright shining eyes looking up at me from Emily's hole.  Leo had probably been enticed by the smell of Emily and found it a lovely dark secluded place.  Sara and I were overjoyed to find him.  We really didn't want to have to tell the children that their new cat had disappeared already.  Mary spent the morning with Leo (Tom was still at Harry's) and I did some work in the study.  I received a phone call about midday from the Cats Protection League giving me the okay to adopt Ginny whom we will pick up tomorrow afternoon. Sara went into Salisbury and picked up Tom and Harry (who is staying with us for a couple of nights).   Mary and I went into Andover this afternoon to pay some money into the bank and to pick up essential items for the new cat - another bed, litter tray etc.   Tonight we all ate a roast beef dinner (originally intended for Sunday) and this evening I went to bed quite early to read my morning newspaper (which I hadn't found time to read earlier) and catch up on the news.  I finally called it a day when I got into a mess with the Sudoku puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment