Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A day of distractions


A day entirely at home today apart from a short trip to the cricket pavilion at Barry's Field for Weight Watchers and a short bike ride to East Winterslow and back (3 miles).  I spent nearly all day in the study working and trying to sort out my diary with so many events seeming to criss-cross my life at the moment.  I also arranged to have my car parked at Bristol Airport next week for when Tom and I are away in Poland.  I also re-arranged our trip to Auschwitz for the Wednesday instead of Tuesday and booked a Schindler's List walking tour of Krakow for the Tuesday.  All now seems in place other than transport to and from the airport in Poland which I cannot see as being a major problem at the moment.  This evening I mowed the bank quite short so that I won't have to do it for about ten days now, hopefully.  The weather has been drizzling on and off all day but remains very mild.  Didn't really feel I achieved a great deal today.  Still have four essays to write and don't feel in the mood to write them.  Must focus.  There seem to be so many distractions and it is a pity that I am going to miss so many chances for free events and trips out which Sara has been saving through vouchers.  Summer holidays seem to go on for ever and both children seem to want to spend it at home.  When I get back from Poland i need to spend quite a lot of time in Sarum College reading and writing.  Lost one and a half pounds according to WeightWatchers.  Not too thrilled with that as it is not consistent.  This is another area of my life I need to concentrate on.  Why am I so distracted?  Looking forward to Polish trip now all seems to be sorted.  Tom is spending his time watching the Olympics all the time and I think the fact that these are on tends to take my attention away from what I need to be doing.  My court case is far from settled and it looks like things may kick off again.  It is useful that I am meeting our barrister in Henley on Friday.  hopefully he will have some ideas as to where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment