Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A lovely evening in Warminster

Well its really back to work today.  Sara was up early and took Thom around on his new temporary paper round and experienced some of the difficulties Thom and I pioneered on Monday - trying to find houses and their boxes!  I sat in the family room again this morning and read my devotionals whilst they were out on their round.  It is really good to get up when its still dark and the quietness helps me with my spiritual reflections.  A nice hot cup of tea is also welcome and this time of the day.  I attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's with Andrew presiding. As I left church it was drizzling but quite refreshing as I walked back home.  Sara did not do her stint at Morning Star today as she is still feeling unwell and didn't want to cough her way through making sandwiches for the homeless.  Infections can easily lead to severe illness amongst the homeless as their resistance can be low.  This afternoon I drove over to Warminster to attend the Installation Meeting of Longleat Lodge where the installing master is a former colleague of mine at FP.  I called in at the garage at Shrewton to fill up with fuel and get some bags of kindling which, unfortunately, they had sold out of. I did manage to buy some ink cartridges for the printer in Warminster and post a couple of letters before going to my meeting.  I was also lucky to get a free car parking space near the station.  What an excellent evening!  A great ceremony and really enjoyable meal (roast beef again!) and convivial company.  I would dearly like to go to some more of their meetings but, unfortunately, they meet on the same night as my own Sarum Lodge. Never  mind, I am sure there will be other opportunities.  I will really have to write to their secretary tomorrow expressing my gratitude for a wonderful night.  It was also an amazing night for Premier League football - QPR beat Chelsea 0-1 at Stamford Bridge.  It is really hotting up at the bottom now.

No comments:

Post a Comment